When everyone contributes to the school’s shared mission, it demonstrates what it truly means to be a community. As a non-profit, independent school, the Green Vale community – parents, students, faculty, staff, grandparents, alumni, and friends – are encouraged to be involved and invested. We could not accomplish what we do for our students without this integral support.
Board of Trustees
Green Vale is an independent school, incorporated as a non-profit organization, and governed by its own Board of Trustees, which is entrusted to define, preserve, and promote the School’s mission. Trustees are parents, alumni, and parents of alumni, and are selected through a nominating process to serve on the Board as volunteer members.
The Board of Trustees sets school policy, is responsible for its financial condition and physical plant, and hires and works with the Head of School in governance of the School. The Board of Trustees is not responsible for the day-to-day operations of the School. The Head of School runs the School according to the policies established by Trustees and serves as the educational leader and administrator.
Parents’ Association (PA)
The partnership between Green Vale and its families is a vital component in securing a quality education for our students. Green Vale’s Parents’ Association is committed to advancing the mission of the School and contributing to a positive school climate
- All Green Vale parents are members of the Parents’ Association (PA).
- The PA President is elected through a nominating process, serves a two-year term, and recruits and manages a roster of volunteer opportunities (see list below).
- The PA President attends the Board of Trustees meetings as an ex-officio member and acts as the communication link to the parent community.
- PA dues per year ($250 per family) cover various activities, including hospitality for school events.
- PA meetings, e-newsletters, and class parent contact keep parents informed of school news, issues, events, activities, etc. Please see the calendar for scheduled meetings.
For more info, contact Alexis Morledge:
For more info, contact Director of Development
Lynn Ely Dixon '87: