When everyone contributes to the school’s shared mission, it demonstrates what it truly means to be a community. As a non-profit, independent school, the Green Vale community – parents, students, faculty, staff, grandparents, alumni, and friends – are encouraged to be involved and invested. We could not accomplish what we do for our students without this integral support.
Board of Trustees
Green Vale is an independent school, incorporated as a non-profit organization, and governed by its own Board of Trustees, which is entrusted to define, preserve, and promote the School’s mission. Trustees are parents, alumni, and parents of alumni, and are selected through a nominating process to serve on the Board as volunteer members.
The Board of Trustees sets school policy, is responsible for its financial condition and physical plant, and hires and works with the Head of School in governance of the School. The Board of Trustees is not responsible for the day-to-day operations of the School. The Head of School runs the School according to the policies established by Trustees and serves as the educational leader and administrator.
Parents’ Association (PA)All Green Vale parents are members of the Parents’ Association. The partnership between Green Vale and its families is vital to advancing the mission of the School and contributing to a positive school climate.
- The PA President is elected through a nominating process, serves a two-year term, and manages a roster of volunteer opportunities.
- The PA President attends Board of Trustees meetings as an ex-officio member and acts as the communication link to the parent community.
- Annual PA dues ($175 per family) cover various activities such as a holiday gift for faculty and staff, outside speaker(s), and refreshments at school events.
- Division Representative
- Grade Representative
- Classroom Event Volunteer
- Admissions Ambassador
- New Parent Partner
- Affinity Group Representative
- Community Support
- Faculty - Staff Appreciation Committee
- Annual Fund Parent Committee
- Welcome Back Picnic
- Holiday Boutique and Vendor Fair
- Winter Gala Dinner & Auction
- Spring Blood Drive
- Spring Book Fair
For more information on these and other positions, contact PA President Amy Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info, contact Pat Barry:
For more info, contact Director of Development
Lynn Ely Dixon '87: