A close connection between school and families is fundamental to a GVS education.
Every Green Vale parent/guardian is a member of the Parents Association. With an all-volunteer leadership consisting of officers and representatives for each grade level, the PA keeps the entire parent body informed, engaged, included, and supported as each family shepherds their children through their Green Vale years.
The Parents Association organizes and executes a variety of events throughout the year for both fundraising and community-building purposes. These include informational meetings, grade level social gatherings, lectures by outside experts and speakers, and various other events throughout the school year. New ideas are always welcome.
Effective and efficient communication with families is critical to students' success, the School's smooth operation, and to families' experience with GVS. Primary tools include:
- Next Week at GVS weekly email
- Grade level updates
- Proprietary mobile app
- Online directories and calendar with importable, customizable feeds
- Instagram @greenvaleschool
- Accessibility of all teachers and advisors via email
- Parent Portal (secure online information hub)
- In-person teacher conferences
- PA Grade Representative emails & availability for 1:1 questions
Parents on Campus
It is important for families to have opportunities to be on campus and feel the atmosphere that their child(ren) experience as their second home. To see the faces and spaces that form each school day is invaluable. Here are some visiting opportunities:
- Back to School Night for Parents
- Early Childhood morning drop-off at the classroom (optional)
- Annual plays/performances (K-8th) plus biannual concerts (5th-8th)
- Parents Day; Grandparents & Friends Day
- Parents Association events & volunteer activities
- Interscholastic athletics games (5th-8th)
- Teacher conferences
- Certain grade-level traditions
Many parents establish deeper connection to the School through volunteering with fundraising and community-building events. These range from helping with an extensive effort around the annual gala and auction to contributing to a small classroom celebration. Other parent-run initiatives include the Book Fair, Blood Drive, service projects, and Faculty & Staff Appreciation events. Many parents also serve as new family liaisons to welcome and integrate newly enrolled families.
For specific event and volunteer information, please refer to the PA page of the Parent Portal (login required).