Stroll our campus.
Peek into any classroom.
Our mission is evident everywhere you look:
In a vibrant program of academics, arts, athletics, and character education, The Green Vale School inspires and challenges all students to be their best. A Green Vale education instills confidence and competence, while promoting respect and responsibility as cornerstones for a lifetime of learning and global citizenship. Sincere consideration for each child fosters a love of learning and teaches children to excel, to lead, and to care.
- To deliver the highest quality education;
- To develop well-rounded students;
- To foster a community based upon respect, responsibility, caring and citizenship;
- To encourage diversity of ideas, backgrounds and cultures;
- To provide a nurturing environment where every student can work toward his or her full potential.
The New York State Association of Independent Schools reports:
The Green Vale School is an impressive place with equally impressive people working in every corner of the campus. What the Visiting Committee found was a school with a rich history and tradition anchored in the communities and families of the North Shore of Long Island that is also a modern 21st century school. It is a school that embraces change but does not run to it. There is a method behind all that they do and a clear sense that any change must serve the mission. As a committee, we feel that we are probably taking more back to our schools than we can offer to Green Vale.
- Excerpt from the 2014 Report of the Decennial Visiting Committee