Applicants to Green Vale are admitted to all grades, depending on their qualifications and the availability of openings. The school welcomes applications from children from all over the greater metropolitan area. The current student body represents over 30 different school districts across Long Island. Public School districts provide busing for all students five years and older, who live within a 15 mile radius of Green Vale.
Admissions procedure and information:
- If possible, parents attend an Open House (October 21, November 19, January 26 & April 7)
- Parents schedule an appointment with the Director of Admissions to discuss the educational goals for their child(ren) and to tour campus.
- Parents complete an application for each child they wish to enroll. Please call the Admissions Office at 516-628-5146 to request an application or please click here to download an application.
- Students applying for Early Childhood (PreNursery through Kindergarten) visit our ECC classrooms for a short time and are assessed for school-readiness. Students applying to Grades 1 - 8 spend a full day at school; academic skill levels are assessed by a learning specialist at that time.
- Student records and confidential teacher recommendations are obtained from the child's current school.
- The Admissions Committee makes their final decision and parents are notified of the decision in writing.
- Financial aid is available to qualified families. Financial aid application materials need to be complete, and a child needs to have been accepted to the School, before an aid decision is reached.
Please address inquiries to:
Alexis B. Morledge P'12, '15
Director of Admissions
The Green Vale School
250 Valentine's Lane
Old Brookville, NY 11545-2523
The Green Vale School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, and disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, and disability in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, except where gender is a bona fide qualification.