Green Vale’s development efforts are designed to strengthen the School’s relationship with its families and to generate charitable gifts for financial support. As a recognized non-profit organization, all gifts to Green Vale are tax deductible.
· Income from tuition and fees covers approximately 80% of the School’s annual operating budget.
· Green Vale’s Annual Fund is the primary source of funds to cover the gap between income and expenses, and is a vital component of our annual operating budget.
· The Annual Fund drive begins at the start of the school year and runs until mid-June, allowing our community time to plan their charitable giving to Green Vale.
· Independent schools have long depended on the loyalty and generosity of their constituents to support and advance their institutions. The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) recommends that all schools should raise at least 10% of the operating budget through voluntary support.
· Trustees, parents, alumni and grandparents are loyal supporters of the Annual Fund. Leadership gifts are the core of annual giving, but gifts of every size are needed. Gifts range from $10 to over $100,000.
· All students benefit from annual giving. Green Vale depends on every family to help and hopes for 100% participation.
· Matching gifts from your company are an effective way to increase your annual gift to Green Vale. Please notify the Director of Annual Giving to take advantage of this opportunity.
· Stock gifts are accepted and even encouraged, as they offer the donor two distinct tax advantages. 1) Donor does not pay capital gains on the increased value of the stock; 2) Donor receives a charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock when the gift is made.
Special Fund Raising Events
The Advancement Office and the Parents’ Association coordinate a variety of special fund raising events that help strengthen our sense of community and raise significant funds for the annual operating budget. Special fund raising events include The Green Vale Fair, Mets’ Night, and the Annual Book Fair.
The School’s Annual Fund supports the operating budget each fiscal year. Capital Giving allows the School to address the future by meeting needs identified in the School’s strategic plan, such as new or upgraded facilities and faculty initiatives.
· In 2004, the Board of Trustees, Headmaster and a Parent Advisory Committee defined Green Vale’s five-year strategic plan from which they identified new building projects, faculty and program initiatives, and endowment needs that require funding beyond the annual operating budget. Major gifts to these projects can be made outright or pledged over a number of years via the School’s capital campaign.
· It is hoped that all parents, alumni and friends of Green Vale will consider supporting both the Annual Fund & Capital Campaign to the best of their ability.
Memorial & Honorary Giving
Gifts may be made to Green Vale in memory of someone or to honor a special teacher. Please contact the Director of Advancement to discuss options.
Please contact the School’s Director of Advancement to discuss planned giving opportunities.
Bequests Real Estate Gifts Charitable Trusts Gift Annuities Life Insurance Gifts